[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Tuxtype-1.7.2 tarball posted

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 23:19:21 UTC 2009

Hi,

I put up another build of tuxtype which addresses a few more issues, including:

- added rest of bundled fonts for Indic languages (now we have 11 -
really starting to push the issue of creating separate font package
and/or making our use of system fonts more sane).
- fixed crashing bug in fullscreen fish cascade game
- a couple of tweaks to startup screen, including the greeting sound
lifted from Tux Paint (I'd like to add more common elements to tie the
three T4K apps together).
- more extensive code to try to set the locale/LANG/LANGUAGE reliably
on our various platforms.
- fix of missing #include SDL_extras.h for scripting.c
- quite a few safety checks for null pointers, array bounds
violations, etc.  There are still tons of places where TuxType can
segfault if something goes wrong (like a missing data file, etc).

David