[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Desktop file missing

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 13:07:02 UTC 2009

Hi Lars,

>> Regarding the *.spec files, what is the most useful way to store this
>> in svn?  i.e., I noticed that there are quite a few places that refer
>> to the current version number and other specifics, and I noticed that
>> tuxtype had an old tuxtype.spec.in file with places for the current
>> version to be substituted in at configure-time.  Do you work from a
>> *.spec.in that should go into svn rather than the spec file itself?
>
> People invoking configure normally don't need a specfile ;-)

Well, maybe it would be a function of autoconf.  I'm not so familiar
with specfiles just yet and am trying to get a sense of how this works
in well-organized programs.

> People using the specfile should IMO be able to adapt at least
> the "Version:" line in the file directly.
>
> How is Debian handling this?

I don't know - Holger Levsen <holger at layer-acht.org> is the Debian
packager.  I'm the "upstream" guy.  I use Debian primarily, but I
don't know much about the details of making debian packages.

Best,

David