[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] [Tuxmath-devel] TuxMath and TuxType BeOS ports

Schrijvers Luc Begasus at skynet.be
Sun Jan 25 06:23:54 UTC 2009

TuxType*
On za, 2009-01-24 at 07:57 -0500, David Bruce wrote:
> Hi Luc,
>

> >> p.s. - fwiw, have you tried just letting tuxtype install on BeOS to
> >> the default unix prefix (/usr/local)?
> >
> > We don't have symlinks to /usr/local ;)
>
> I meant just as a test, not as the actual place for your users to install to.

I can't seem to use the path as it seems to give me an error when I try
to do 'make install', could be that the paths are prohibited from being
used? Not sure why (error msg = cannot create regular file * invalid
argument).
> Apart from not being in $PATH, shouldn't we be able to specify an
> arbitrary location with "--prefix=" and have it work?  Tuxmath worked
> when I did "./configure --prefix=/boot/apps/Games/TuxMath" on my
> Debian system, which is certainly not a normal place to put a linux
> app.

It installs fine when using this prefix here ... all files are located
at the places where they should be.

TuxMath*
> > Using #include "scandir.h" in Tuxmath also didn't resolve the problem
> > (still get undefined errors to scandir and alphasort)
> >

> >From your other message, that's fixed now, right?
Don't know if it came through to the list but TuxMath is fixed here yes,
problem was a missing object for scandir$(OBJECT) in
"am_generate_lessons_OBJECTS" in ./src/makefile.in.
Still strugling with it in Haiku though.

> We are fully compliant with #1 but not very consistent with #2.

We do have autotools in Haiku but I'm not to big of a fan for it myself,
but it can be used.
Makes sense, thnx for the info. ;)

PS .. could it be possible to update your config.guess and config.sub
files? the ones in source currently don't support Haiku.

Luc