[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Modified .desktop files, new icons (Was: Re: tuxtype 1.7.4 uploaded to debian)

Loïc Martin loic.martin3 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 11:40:41 UTC 2009

David Bruce wrote:
> Hi Holger, Loïc et al,
>
>>> Now: Categories=Education;Languages;
>>> Should: Categories=Education;
>>>
>>> Explanation:
>>> Languages is defined as
>>> Languages	Software to learn foreign languages	Education
>
> I changed the upstream .desktop as suggested - thanks!
>
> David

Thanks a lot.

I noticed you put a SUSE-specific string in tuxmath.desktop. Since the
only thing that would prevent Ubuntu from syncing straight from Debian
(once they start using your .desktop files and icons of course) would be
an Ubuntu-specific string in both tuxtype.desktop and tuxmath.desktop,
would it be possible for you to add these string to them ?
For tuxtype:
X-Ubuntu-Gettext-Domain=tuxtype

and for tuxmath:
X-Ubuntu-Gettext-Domain=tuxmath

I attached the modified files + some French translations.

Since you have a new .svg icon for tuxmath, but not all types (.xpm,
.ico, etc...) reflect this, I took the liberty to convert it to all
formats you have in data/images/icons, so they all reflect the change.
They're attached to this email. I chose 48x48 because it's the
Freedesktop standard, for Windows and OSX I'm not sure. They're
converted with Inkscape (PNG) GIMP (ICO) and http://iconverticons.com/
(ICNS, HQX) for those that I couldn't find a way to convert from Linux.

I've also modified the tuxmath .svg icon for tuxtype and done the same
conversions.

Cheers,
Loïc