[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Tuxtype 1.7.4 - missing files, translation problems

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 04:41:34 UTC 2009

Hi Loïc, Holger et al,

I've committed fixes for several of the issues you pointed out:

>> I noticed that Fish Cascade>Instructions doesn't work,
This now shows "Work in Progress" screen with correct url

>> Another problem: Lessons offers two choices, one being projectInfo.xml
>> (shouldn't be there, and also seem to direct to a deprecated email
>> address),

Now Lessons only shows Lesson_1.xml

>> Lesson_1.xml, doesn't work straight

Now it works correctly

>> Also, the Pause menu isn't translated (tested using French & German).

Now it works.  This is strange - the convenience macros for marking
strings for gettext ("_(String)" and "N_(String)" aren't working, but
the strings are picked up with  the full function call
("gettext(String)").  The macro definitions from globals.h are taken
straight from the gettext manual:

#define _(String) gettext (String)
#define gettext_noop(String) String
#define N_(String) gettext_noop (String)

So they should work, and I know globals.h is getting included in
pause.c and the other files having this problem.

>> More worrying, using Debian package translations don't work (I tried
>> French & German), only the lessons are translated, the menus stay in
>> English.

Haven't figured that one out yet.  I can only reproduce this with the
Debian 1.7.4 package - it doesn't appear in my local build.

Holger, does the Debian package have any patches that could be
affecting the operation of gettext?

Anyway, when I get the rest of these issues resolved, I will plan to
post a 1.7.5 release.

Best,

David