[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] How to get the source of latest tuxtype? Spanish translation?

Pablo Fernandez pablo.fbus at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 08:55:12 UTC 2009

Hi!
I can't figure out how to get the source of tuxtype so that I can compile
the latest svn version. I'm running a customized ubuntu 8.04. I can see the
tree but the branches directory doesn't show 1.7.2 version which is supposed
to be the latest one. Or is it "trunk" where I should look at?
I have subversion installed, but I'm not very familiar with it. I have only
used it for one project so far. Instructions are welcome. To give it a try
I've done:

pablo at 64studio:~$ svn co
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/tux4kids/tuxtype/branches/tuxtype-1.5.17/

 which returns:

svn: requerimiento PROPFIND falló en
'/wsvn/tux4kids/tuxtype/branches/tuxtype-1.5.17'
svn: PROPFIND de '/wsvn/tux4kids/tuxtype/branches/tuxtype-1.5.17': 200 OK (
http://svn.debian.org)

Anyway, I'm learning to type and I see this is a great tool for it. In
addition, it is really funny! A friend of mine is learning too and I want to
show him. And I'd like to show it to some friends with kids too. I think
typing skills are very important!

I'd like to know about how is the spanish localization going. The version I
have installed right now is tuxtype, Version 1.5.15 and I can see some
strings are not translated despite the es.po files I see in the tree being
translated thoroughly. In addition, the exercises are for a US qwerty
keyboard, Spanish qwerty keyboard is slightly different.

I'll try to help if it's needed despite not having much time available if
only with comments. I don't know how to write code but I know how to use
poedit.

Cheers. Pablo