[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] GSOC - TUXMATH

k roy kroykroy at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 18:07:07 UTC 2009

Hello,

I am a final year under-graduate student aiming to apply for GSoC '09 and
this would be my first (and last) time. I am interested to work in Tuxtype.
I had tuxtype installed in my system through Synaptic (I use Ubuntu) and I
started exploring the same. I found that most of the XML files given in the
data/scripts folder were not functioning properly when run from the main
program. So I am looking into the possible bugs. Also I'll install Tuxtype
from the subversion directory to check if the scripts bug are removed there.
Also, the idea of a new Hangman type of game is interesting and I am
developing the idea as to how the game will look like. I will post again in
a few days when I have the developed the idea completely. I would also like
to know if the game will be a complete independent project proposal or any
more ideas will have to be added to the same for applying to GSoC. I hope I
am able to efficiently contribute into Tuxtype, so looking forward to
help/comments and possible mentors.

Thanking you,
~kr0y.

2009/3/20 vijincp kakkattil <cpvijin at gmail.com>

> Hi
>
>       I am interested in making contribution to tuxmath.I have already
> checked out the source of tuxmath from the subversion directory.I was also
> able to install it from there.I have been going through the source,doc and
> To-Do list.I have started studying the optimisation of graphic blitting and
> svg.The project seems to be interesting for me and the source doesnot appear
> to be complex at all.
>
>         I would like to work for the development of tuxmath and think that
> this GSOC project would mark the perfect begginning for it.So I would like
> to know what should I do for this purpose.
>
> with regards
> Vijin.C.P

~ Once you have flown, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned
skyward, for there you have been, there you long to return --Da Vinci