[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] GSOC Skills demonstration patches

Jérémy Laumon attila_moi at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 26 17:29:52 UTC 2009

Hi everyone,

Like suggested in the GSoC Tux4kids page, I made two little patches (one for tuxmath and one for tuxtype) adjusting the menu font and button sizes to the current window size. The little animated sprites are also vertically centered.

Making these patch made me realize that even if tuxmath and tuxtype menus have the same look, the code structure is totally different.
Do you think it could be useful to reorganize the menus code in order to harmonize the two softwares ?
A lot of things could be improved. Tuxtype is limite to 5 item by menu for example and adding new items or menus is not really easy in both programs.

I've planned to propose adding SVG in tuxpaint UI in my application but I could work on tuxtype and tuxmath menus instead, if project leaders are interested. This is in addition of adding SVG support for game elements.

Jeremy Laumon
IRC nick : plopounet

Découvrez toutes les possibilités de communication avec vos proches
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowslive/default.aspx