[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] GUI for editing wordlist implemented?

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Thu May 21 16:26:40 UTC 2009

Hi Holger,

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 11:06 AM, Holger Levsen <holger at layer-acht.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the tuxtype changelog says:
>
> 18 Aug 2008 -svn revision 652
> [ Mobin Mohan <mobinmohan at gmail.com> ]
>        -GUI for editing wordlist Implemented
>
> But I cant find this GUI?

The problem was that it didn't take file permissions into account.
The word lists are in locations that are not writable by ordinary
users (/usr/share/tuxtype or /usr/local/share/tuxtype).  This is going
to be addressed in Sarah's project this summer.  I've started to add
support to put site-wide modifiable word lists in pkglocalstatedir
(e.g. /var/lib/tuxtype for a distro-installed package), as well as
user-specific lists in the home directory.  We also are going to put
site-wide configuration into the proper location under /etc.

>Also in the menu, the cursorkeys dont work here,
> should they, or only the mouse? (Which works.)

Looks like we forgot to add that for tuxtype - thanks.

David