[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] help with tuxtype

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 01:54:32 UTC 2009

Hi Louise,

On 11/4/09, Page, Louise <Louise.Page at irdpq.qc.ca> wrote:
> Hi,  I work in arehab center with handicapped children who need to get
> familiar with the keyboard  through games.
>
> Tuxtype is great but we need to practice with lower case letters( because
> they have lower case keyboards and use lower case writing in class) Font:
> Comic sans MS

It would certainly be possible to do that.  The "Fish Cascade" and
"Comet Zap" games were made all-uppercase because most keyboards are
uppercase, and it seemed it would be less confusing that way for new
young typists.

Note that the "phrase typing" and "lessons" activities are
case-sensitive and are mostly in lowercase.

Hopefully we will add your idea as an option soon.  There is a new
release that I hope to get out any day now (1.8.0), but maybe
lowercase play in the videogames will make it into 1.8.1.

Best,

David Bruce