[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Alternative set of graphics for TuxType and TuxMath

Amos Batto amosbatto at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 11 11:24:51 UTC 2009

Hi,
We have developed a set of graphics for TuxType and TuxMath for kids in the Andes. So we have a condor instead of a pinguin and pieces of meat are falling from the sky instead of fishes. Tux's control panel has been replaced with a big nest and all the futuristic houses have been replaced with adobe huts. We have also replaced some of the background scenes with scenes from the Andes.

Currently, I just recompile TuxType and TuxMath with the new set of graphics, but I would like to see our graphics incorporated into the programs as a new "style" and let the user select a style. Any thoughts as how to best do this?  By the way, what is the standard procedure for submitting new material to TuxType and TuxMath?  Do I post it to these lists?

Also, I have found that our graphics with a yellow background constantly flicker. Is there any secret to making these graphics not flicker.

Cheers,
Amos Batto

Amos Batto                 Tel: (765)653-7411 (when in the USA)
636 E. Seminary St.        Cel: (591)76280954 (cuando en Bolivia)
Greencastle IN 46135,USA   Email:amosbatto at yahoo.com
Runasimipi Qespisqa Software (http://www.runasimipi.org)