[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Saving the theme

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 02:02:25 UTC 2009

Hi Matt,

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 6:25 PM, Matthew Trey <tux4kids at treyhome.com> wrote:
> I guess I’m not seeing something, but I uncommented out where the theme is
> saved in the user settings file and where it is loaded from the file, and
> the theme and language work fine, nothing blew up here.  Where is it that
> things go wrong because of the LANG environment variable?  Because I can’t
> duplicate the bug.

If I remember correctly, the issue was that I wanted the program to
automatically go into the theme determined by LANG unless told
otherwise.  Until 2008, tuxtype didn't use standard gettext or
locales, and when we switched to GNU gettext, I inactivated the old
theme-saving function.  However, nothing further has gotten done on
this point until now.

So I don't think there is any harm in just resuming the old behavior
for now.  I would still like to eventually have tuxtype look at both
the system locale and the saved theme, and if they are different to
ask the user which is desired (perhaps with a "don't ask me again"
checkbox).

So I'd suggest going ahead and committing the file where that function
is uncommented.

Thanks,

David