No subject

Fri Aug 27 17:10:57 UTC 2010

=3D"gmail_quote">On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 9:54 PM, Caroline Ford <span dir=3D=
"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:caroline.ford.work at gmail.com">caroline.ford.wor=
r-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding-left: 1ex;">Shall we enter?<b=
---------<br>
;<a href=3D"mailto:nbs at sonic.net" target=3D"_blank">nbs at sonic.net</a>&gt;</=
span><br>
Date: 9 October 2010 02:23<br>Subject: [Tuxpaint-users] [fwd] Announcing Go=
ogle Code-in<br>To: Tux Paint &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:tuxpaint-devel at lists.so=
urceforge.net" target=3D"_blank">tuxpaint-devel at lists.sourceforge.net</a>&g=
t;, Tux Paint Users &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:tuxpaint-users at lists.sourceforge.=
net" target=3D"_blank">tuxpaint-users at lists.sourceforge.net</a>&gt;<br>

The Tux Paint project, as part of the larger Tux4Kids organization,<br>
has taken place in Google&#39;s &quot;Summer of Code&quot; program for the =
past<br>
few years.<br>
The program below, like their &quot;Highly Open Participation&quot; (GHOP),=
which was a way to get high school students involved in open source<br>
projects. =A0GSOC is for programming projects, while GHOP was for other<br>
aspects (documentation, art, etc.) =A0It seems that this new &quot;Code-In&=
quot;<br>
program is like the two programs combined (programming projects for<br>
high schoolers).<br>
I haven&#39;t looked into it closely, but I&#39;m betting Tux Paint and<br>
the other Tux4Kids projects would benefit from participating.<br>
In any case, there might folks out here who are interested to<br>
know about this outside of Tux4Kids&#39; involvement. =A0(e.g., educators,<=
br>
parents who have older kids, etc.)<br>
Enjoy &amp; have a nice weekend!<br>
-bill!<br>