[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] [Tuxmath-devel] Tuxmath and tuxtype bugs

Matthew Trey tux4kids at treyhome.com
Sat Jan 2 23:23:44 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2009-12-29 at 15:42 -0600, David Bruce wrote:
> (1)
> "<waitforchar/> prevents next page from displaying (<waitforinput/>
> does not). I personally think that the <waitforchar/> command should
> be removed since pressing the space key seems far more natural."
>
> Is this in the xml lessons?  We are overhauling that extensively for
> the 1.8.x series.

Yes that is in the xml parser in scripting.c.  I can remove waitforchar
from the source, or alternatively, just change the scripts to use
waitforinput instead.  I did notice a bit of goofy behavior in this
department and it was on my list of future things to tackle.  I guess
now would be a good time.

I  guess the question to ask is... is there any benefit to having both
waitforchar and waitforinput, or is it just a source of confusion,
redundant and unnecessary?

Regards,
Matthew Trey