[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] po/ conflicts

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 13:31:10 UTC 2010

Hi,

> btw, I stumbled what appears to be a bug in the newest gettext (0.18)
> in Debian Sid.  When you run "autopoint" (which is part of
> "autoreconf"), it creates po/Makefile.in.in that still lists version
> 0.17, causing a version mismatch error.  I filed a bug report.

Basically, it isn't a bug, or at most is a "bug" consisting of an
ambiguity in the gettext documentation.  Tuxtype had the following in
configure.ac:

AM_GNU_GETTEXT_VERSION([0.17])

I had thought this meant a minimum version, but it creates a
requirement for the version to be exactly 0.17.  Although Autoconf
complains if this macro is omitted, it is not required, and apparently
we just need to leave it out if we are to be able to work on tuxtype
with either gettext 0.17 or 0.18.

Best,

David