[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] [Tuxmath-devel] libt4k_common update

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 20:59:59 UTC 2010

Hi again,

> So, if I understand correctly, the question is whether it is possible
> to compile t4k_common without knowing whether e.g. SDL_Pango is
> available at the time of subsequent linkage with tuxtype?

After a bit of reading, I believe it may be possible to do this by
making t4k_common a regular shared library, and having t4k_common use
dlopen() to call the needed function from SDL_Pango or SDL_ttf at run
time:

http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/Program-Library-HOWTO/dl-libraries.html

But let's defer this until we get our mainstream use cases fully supported.

Best,

David