[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] [Tuxmath-devel] Tar-zip library

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 19:46:25 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 11:40 AM, Jesus Mager <fongog at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I'm trying to find a good way to compress and inflate the campaing
> files that should contain things like XML files, and in the future LUA
> and other text files. I was thinking zlib is a good option

I take it you want to save space on the user's HD?  Obviously, our
tarballs and installer files are already compressed.

Anyway, zlib is definitely cross-platform and is already part of our
dependencies (IIRC, SDL_image depends on zlib).  Thus, if it does what
needs to be done, you can use it without worrying about having to drag
in additional libs.  If that is what you do, we should add a test in
configure.ac to directly test for it, just so we still know that it is
available even if a future version of SDL_image no longer uses it.

Cheers,

David