[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] [Tuxmath-devel] Fwd: Now Accepting Applications from Mentoring Organizations

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 03:27:00 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 3:58 PM, Caroline Ford
<caroline.ford.work at googlemail.com> wrote:

> We've got until the 12th March - less than a week! - to apply.
> Caroline

> Date: 8 March 2010 19:56:10 GMT
> Google Summer of Code has officially started for 2010.

So we get a whopping four days? Yikes!  After my last couple of
emails, I've been at real-world work nearly around the clock for the
last couple days, but fortunately go on vacation Mar 10 and should
have time to work on the application Thursday and Friday.

Anyone else interested in being overall T4K GSoC admin this year?  I
don't mind too much if I do it again, but I also wouldn't protest if
someone else is interested.

Also, we need to figure out who is willing and available to mentor
this year.  I think any previous GSoC student or mentor would be
well-suited to do this.  Also, I think each mentor should only have
one student - I had two last year and I felt like I shortchanged one
of them.

Beyond the administrative decisions, we need to figure out what we are
going to suggest for student projects.  I don't think "finish up the
2009 projects" would be well-received ;)

Best,

David.