[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Fwd: [Tuxpaint-users] [fwd] Announcing Google Code-in

Caroline Ford caroline.ford.work at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 01:54:28 UTC 2010

Shall we enter?

Caroline
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bill Kendrick <nbs at sonic.net>
Date: 9 October 2010 02:23
Subject: [Tuxpaint-users] [fwd] Announcing Google Code-in
To: Tux Paint <tuxpaint-devel at lists.sourceforge.net>, Tux Paint Users <
tuxpaint-users at lists.sourceforge.net>

The Tux Paint project, as part of the larger Tux4Kids organization,
has taken place in Google's "Summer of Code" program for the past
few years.

The program below, like their "Highly Open Participation" (GHOP),
which was a way to get high school students involved in open source
projects.  GSOC is for programming projects, while GHOP was for other
aspects (documentation, art, etc.)  It seems that this new "Code-In"
program is like the two programs combined (programming projects for
high schoolers).

I haven't looked into it closely, but I'm betting Tux Paint and
the other Tux4Kids projects would benefit from participating.
In any case, there might folks out here who are interested to
know about this outside of Tux4Kids' involvement.  (e.g., educators,
parents who have older kids, etc.)

Enjoy & have a nice weekend!

-bill!