[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Cloning tux4kids

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 20:27:20 UTC 2011

Hi Xandru,

On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 11:43 AM, Xandru Armesto <xandru at softastur.org> wrote:
> Hi Bruce:
> I'm Xandru, the asturian translator of tuxmath and tuxtype. I've been
> trying to clone tuxtype and tuxmath for working on translations but I
> couldn't do it.
>
> I try :
> git clone git+ssh://xandruaf@git.debian.org/git/tux4kids/tuxmath.git
>
> But I get:
> Cloning into tuxmath...
> Permission denied (publickey).

I'm pretty sure this is due to Alioth's policy of only allowing logins
with ssh keys (i.e. signing in with a password is no longer allowed).
See:

http://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/SSH

The tux4kids git repos have no special security settings, just the
defaults provided by Alioth.  As a member of the Alioth "tux4kids"
project, you should be able to successfully create a read/write clone
using the method you attempted if you have uploaded your public key to
Alioth as described in the wiki.

Cheers,

--
David Bruce

For all your software needs, visit The Apt Store:
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian stable main