[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Cloning tux4kids

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 20:27:20 UTC 2011

Hi Xandru,

On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 11:43 AM, Xandru Armesto <xandru at softastur.org> wrote:
> Hi Bruce:
> I'm Xandru, the asturian translator of tuxmath and tuxtype. I've been
> trying to clone tuxtype and tuxmath for working on translations but I
> couldn't do it.
> I try :
> git clone git+ssh://xandruaf@git.debian.org/git/tux4kids/tuxmath.git
> But I get:
> Cloning into tuxmath...
> Permission denied (publickey).

I'm pretty sure this is due to Alioth's policy of only allowing logins
with ssh keys (i.e. signing in with a password is no longer allowed).

The tux4kids git repos have no special security settings, just the
defaults provided by Alioth.  As a member of the Alioth "tux4kids"
project, you should be able to successfully create a read/write clone
using the method you attempted if you have uploaded your public key to
Alioth as described in the wiki.

David Bruce

For all your software needs, visit The Apt Store:
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian stable main