[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Need tux4kids mentors for Google Code-In

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 01:48:29 UTC 2011

Is anyone interested in mentoring?  So far we just have Siddharth and me as
admins/mentors.  I think we need at least a couple more folks to step
forward if we want to do this.  Google has revamped the contest and seems to
be tightening the overall process.  I doubt they will accept us with only
two mentors, and we need to get a really good tasks page together with five
tasks in each of the eight categories.  I will try to work on it early
tomorrow AM.

If we don't participate, it isn't the end of the world, but I have so say
that last year's GCI was productive and fun.  I think I did about 50-60% of
the mentoring and I spent maybe an hour a day, in 10-20 minute segments.

Cheers,
David