[Utnubu-discuss] Joined the project and the list

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Wed Jan 4 21:46:03 UTC 2006

Hello all,

I subscribed today to this list. I consider Utnubu to be the logical place
where Ubuntu and Debian meets. Of course, it's not the "only" link between
the two projects but it's where people should be directed when wanting to
help for better integration. So I decided to join since I'm interested in
it. :)

My main interest right now is to try organize "collaborative maintenance"
between Debian/Ubuntu whenever possible. This is the logic behind the
proposal I already made:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-qa/2005/12/msg00026.html
http://wiki.debian.org/CollaborativeMaintenance

Would Utnubu be interested using such a system to sponsor on a regular
basis packages created for Ubuntu provided that the package creator is
interested in the integration into Debian proper ?

I lurk on #debian-motu/freenode and try to explain why people packaging
for Ubuntu should ideally also integrate their package into Debian proper
by finding a sponsor if possible. Gladly, I'm not the only one promoting
this so it may have some impact on the future. Better cooperation between
Ubuntu/Debian also means having more people which are members of both.

BTW, Lucas Nussbaum is doing great work for promoting Debian-Ubuntu
cooperation inside Ubuntu, since he's also on this list, I suggest that
we add him to the alioth project so that he can integrate his scripts on
the official Utnubu site. He already presented
his work in another mail this week and he created this page today:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ContributingToDebian

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog