[Utnubu-discuss] Joined the project and the list

Gustavo Franco gustavorfranco at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 01:37:29 UTC 2006

On 1/4/06, Raphael Hertzog <hertzog at debian.org> wrote:
> (...)
> My main interest right now is to try organize "collaborative maintenance"
> between Debian/Ubuntu whenever possible. This is the logic behind the
> proposal I already made:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-qa/2005/12/msg00026.html
> http://wiki.debian.org/CollaborativeMaintenance
>
> Would Utnubu be interested using such a system to sponsor on a regular
> basis packages created for Ubuntu provided that the package creator is
> interested in the integration into Debian proper ?
>
> I lurk on #debian-motu/freenode and try to explain why people packaging
> for Ubuntu should ideally also integrate their package into Debian proper
> by finding a sponsor if possible. Gladly, I'm not the only one promoting
> this so it may have some impact on the future. Better cooperation between
> Ubuntu/Debian also means having more people which are members of both.

Hi Raphael,

Welcome into utnubu. The system to sponsor stuff sounds great but i
think that we need to coordinate not only with ubuntu MOTU team but
with debian mentors too and maybe debian-qa. I think you will find
useful my next mail on this list where i'll describe my work on
"merging" stuff back into Debian and the current problems we have with
it.

> BTW, Lucas Nussbaum is doing great work for promoting Debian-Ubuntu
> cooperation inside Ubuntu, since he's also on this list, I suggest that
> we add him to the alioth project so that he can integrate his scripts on
> the official Utnubu site. He already presented
> his work in another mail this week and he created this page today:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ContributingToDebian

Great, i think i need to talk with him too.

--
Gustavo Franco