[Utnubu-discuss] Ubuntu patches

Joachim Breitner nomeata at debian.org
Sat Jan 14 14:12:17 UTC 2006

Hi,

Am Samstag, den 14.01.2006, 15:06 +0100 schrieb Stephan Hermann:
> > Well, I almost never check the qa packages and only rely on e-mail (and
> > I really like how in Debian you can do anything with e-mail)...
> > But everyone has his own style of working, I guess.
>
> It wasn't meant to be as offense, but I see some debian packages and their bug
> report and the maintainer didn't react in a countable period of time (e.g.
> boson-base). So I'm asking, I like the email approach as well, but sometimes
> you have to check somewhere else via web, so I take my time and do this.
Sure, from time to time the maintainer should check the pages if he
overlooked something (e.g. marked a mail as read that he still wanted to
work on and forogt), but it is a good thing that we don't need to check
various pages on a reguar bases. (Heck, I even wrote a script that mails
me when new weekly assignments from my university appear :-))

> Well, if it's possible to have email notification from your side to the
> package maintainer, why not implementing it :)
The question is: Is is something that enough people deem useful enough
to spend the time to implement it. :-)

Greetings,
Joachim
--