[Utnubu-discuss] Utnubu and collaborative maintenance with Ubuntu MOTU

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Mon Jan 16 11:45:15 UTC 2006

Hello everyone,

as you know, I'm trying to push forward collaborative maintenance with
Ubuntu. With several Ubuntu MOTU we'd like to make that a reality for new
packages created by Ubuntu.

That's why Stefan Potyra and Reinhard Tartler are going to maintain
some packages created by the Ubuntu MOTU team in the subversion repository
of the collab-maint Alioth project (this is the project created for
http://wiki.debian.org/CollaborativeMaintenance).

This SVN repository will be writable by the MOTU that I will add to the
collab-maint project (on request) and it should be writable by all DD and
all Utnubu team members (I've put some ACL in place for that).

Obviously the MOTU need sponsors to upload their packages inside Debian.
It strikes me that the Utnubu team should certainly be their first contact
when they're looking for sponsors. We can then directly sponsor or
forward their request for sponsorship to an appropriate team if we think that
the package in question belongs better there.

The maintainer field in the package should be either the name of someone
that would like to maintain the package or a mailing list to be defined
by the MOTU team which created the package. Stefan ? Rheinhard ?

The two first packages are already there :
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/collab-maint/ext-maint/?rev=0&sc=0
* min12xxw (Stefan Potyra)
* wifi-radar (Rheinhard Tartler)

Feel free to sponsor them ! (Just say it publicly here to avoid
duplication of work).

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog