[Utnubu-discuss] Utnubu and collaborative maintenance with Ubuntu MOTU

Gustavo Franco gustavorfranco at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 12:50:20 UTC 2006

On 1/16/06, Raphael Hertzog <hertzog at debian.org> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> as you know, I'm trying to push forward collaborative maintenance with
> Ubuntu. With several Ubuntu MOTU we'd like to make that a reality for new
> packages created by Ubuntu.

Sounds great Raphael!

> (...)
> Feel free to sponsor them ! (Just say it publicly here to avoid
> duplication of work).

I think we should involve mentors[0] (for source packages respository)
and sponsors[1] (for a MOTU seek a sponsor) without purge collab-maint
and utnubu svn repositories of course. It would be good if all utnubu
members subscribe as sponsors. It doesn't mean that you'll need to
sponsor everyone (obviously).

Raphael, i'll write a article for MOTUs interested in contribute back
in our wiki, something based on their own[3]. Do you have a url
suggestion ? It would be cool keep both articles with the same content
and list not only utnubu and collab-maint, but mentors and sponsors.

Finally, not only MOTUs contributing back but some integration between
projects at alioth!

[0] = http://mentors.debian.net
[1] = http://sponsors.debian.net
[2] = http://sponsors.debian.net/register.php
[3] = http://wiki.ubuntu.com/ContributingToDebian

Keep it going!

--
Gustavo Franco
ps: I'll start hacking PTS this friday...