[Utnubu-discuss] Utnubu and collaborative maintenance with Ubuntu MOTU

Reinhard Tartler siretart at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 22:07:01 UTC 2006

On 1/16/06, Philipp Kern <pkern at debian.org> wrote:
> Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> > I'm not sure ubuntu-motu is the right list for this. Some MOTUs prefer
> > not to care about Debian [...]
>
> Although I agree with your statement that ubuntu-motu is not the right
> list, the last bit really pisses me off.

Careful, this is taken a bit out of context. I do NOT sense the
feeling/sentiment 'I do not care about debian at all' from any MOTU,
so this is clearly not true.

What is true is that the opinion has been expressed, that the Ubuntu
MOTU team should not be made responsible for bugs, which are specific
to debian, because the MOTU team has enough problems to solve in
ubuntu itself.

my 2 cents: I wouldn't mind having the ubuntu MOTU list as Maintainer
listed in debian packages, because I want to improve both projects. I
can understand, though, that there may be ppl, who rather want to
focus on ubuntu development.

--
regards,
    Reinhard