[Utnubu-discuss] Collaboration between Ubuntu and Debian on the Ubuntu side: a proposal

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Mon Jan 23 16:13:11 UTC 2006

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> In my mind, the DCT is like teamwork between some Debian maintainers and
> an Ubuntu team. It has to be based on a trust relationship: the debian
> maintainer must react as promptly as possible to bugs submitted by the
> DCT. I don't think that the DCT members (or even DDs members of the DCT,
> with their DCT hat on) should interact with the normal Debian
> development (reporting MIA maintainers for example) :
> - A maintainer not responding to a bug report after a month would be
>   totally inappropriate when working with the DCT.

Sure.

> - But it is OK for normal Debian work.

No it's not "OK" for normal Debian work. A maintainer is expected to react
to bugs and to classify them. "No response" is a bad behaviour.

As such, if a maintainer doesn't respond to bugs from DCT, I believe that
DD within DCT certainly could/should NMU the package. :-)

But I agree with you, since you only want "guidelines", there's no need to
formalize the fact that DD may do NMU...

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog