[Utnubu-discuss] fakeRAID - I got it working!

Carpenter, Matthew William (US - Atlanta) macarpenter at deloitte.com
Sun May 14 00:25:52 UTC 2006

Hi Phillip,

Please disregard my call for help.  I was able to find the problem by discovering this thread:

https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/initramfs-tools/+bug/22107

I did the following:

1. removed savedefault from default option the grub script
2. updated my initramfs scripts
	../local-top/dmraid to include the udev prereq
	../initramfs-tools/hooks/dmraid to include 'manual_add_modules dm-mod'

Of course, I'd suggest an update the wiki howto because it was my first stop and a good tutorial.  (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FakeRaidHowto)

-Matt

Matt Carpenter
Deloitte Consulting, LLP

Tel: +1 404 631 2789
Mobile: + 1 678 523 5005
macarpenter at deloitte.com
www.deloitte.com

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message.

Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. [v.E.1]