[Utnubu-discuss] Re: Ubuntu patches as RSS feeds

Steinar H. Gunderson sgunderson at bigfoot.com
Wed May 24 19:33:13 UTC 2006

On Wed, May 24, 2006 at 09:15:40PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> This is already planned for the "mail part" of the PTS. There's a new
> "derivatives" keyword that user can set to receive automatically news of
> their packages in derivatives like Ubuntu. Ubuntu has agreed to send
> updates (with debdiff) of their packages to the PTS in that way and I
> expect this to be completed in a few weeks (once Dapper is released).

This sounds like a good move. I believe it will largely obsolete my RSS
feeds, though -- I can't really see the big use case for following a package
by RSS instead of by e-mail, but I might not be visionary enough. :-)

> IMO the RSS is a kind of "extra" features where we can afford a bit less
> "customizing" whereas the mail part has to be very cautious or people will
> stop using the PTS...

Mm. What one would want, then, would probably be something like the "Latest
news" part, only for RSS...?

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/