[Utnubu-maintainers] dmraid

Don Stauffer Don at Skyler.com
Wed Aug 29 13:44:40 UTC 2007

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this question; I couldn't
figure out a better way.

I'm thinking of setting up Debian Etch on a RAID 10 array on an MSI
K9N Diamond motherboard, which uses the nVidia nForce 590 chipset.  It
looks like dmraid is the way to do that, but I noticed Debian bug #
#411172, "dmraid is looking for the raid45 kernel module and not the
raid456 modules", with the note "renders package unusable".  The bug
report specifically mentions nForce software RAID.

Will this bug prevent me from using RAID with Debian on this board? If
so, when is the bug expected to be fixed, or is there a workaround?

Thanks for your efforts!