[Webapps-common-discuss] open_basedir and /usr/share/php

Jan Wagner waja at cyconet.org
Sat Jun 16 14:29:47 UTC 2007

Hi there,

I'm maintaining ipplan[1] and hit by CVE-2007-3215[2]. I'm thinking about
using libphp-phpmailer[3] directly, which is located in /usr/share/php.
Refering to the PHP Policy Draft[4], this should be inside the default include
path. Using open_basedir, it's necessary to include all directories inside
the include path, isn't it?
So it should be fine, if I leave a hint anywhere, that /usr/share/php should
be in open_basedir (like libphp-phpmailer too).

Thanks for your recommands, Jan.

P.S. I'm not subscribed to webapps-common-discuss, so please cc me.
[1] http://packages.qa.debian.org/ipplan
[2] http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2007-3215
[3] http://packages.qa.debian.org/libphp-phpmailer
[4]