[Webmin-maintainers] Re: [Volunteer for Debian-Webmin]

Jaldhar H. Vyas Jaldhar H. Vyas" <jaldhar@debian.org
Thu, 31 Mar 2005 19:20:38 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005, Martin Mewes wrote:

> Hi Jamie,
>
> Jamie Cameron <jcameron@webmin.com> wrote :
>
> > The real problem here is that the Debian packagfe maintainer doesn't
> > want to put third-party modules installed from RPMs into the same
> > directory as modules from Debian packages. This could lead to
> > problems un-installing, or to packaged files being overwritten.
>
> Thanks for this information :-)
>
> > However, there is a solution in Webmin versions 1.180 and above. You
> > can add a line to /etc/webmin/miniserv.conf like :
> >
> > extraroot_0=/etc/webmin-modules
>
> @Jaldhar: Would you please add a comment on this for us?
> I think we should define the exact position of this directory, because
> in the end it seems to be only adding two lines to miniserv.conf.

Because I wanted to a webmin upload quickly to fix release-critical bugs,
I didn't add this feature in my last upload but I will in the next one.
/usr/local/share/webmin seems like the appropriate place.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>