[Webmin-maintainers] Webmin in Debian out-of-date

Martin Mewes mm@mewes.tv
Wed, 4 May 2005 10:18:18 +0200

Hello,

John Dong <john.dong@gmail.com> wrote :

> I see that the latest Debian package for Webmin is still 1.180. Why
> isn't 1.200 available yet?

Resaon is, that we need to get 1.180 stable enough to get completely
into sarge with it. It is absolutely normal that some programs out
there are much more frequently updated and there is simply no time to
stop work on v1.180 and start over again with v1.200.

> I'm getting a bit of pressure from the Ubuntu community for a
> 1.200Backport.

You can be the new Webmin/Usermin/Virtalamin-Maintainer for Debian if
you like. Right now there is only one active developer working on
Webmin for Debian and this developer has orphaned the package already.

bis dahin/kind regards

Martin Mewes

--
Oberhalb der Kulminationspunkte forstwirtschaftlicher Bestaende
tendieren die Dezibelwerte gegen den Nullpunkt.