[Webmin-maintainers] working on webmin

Jamie Cameron jcameron at webmin.com
Sat May 13 15:41:33 UTC 2006

On 13/May/2006 08:25 Patrick Winnertz wrote ..
> Jamie Cameron schrieb:

> >> Okay, i downloaded the miniserv.pl of 1.270 and created an dpatch in
> >> order to fix it in the source.
> >>
> >> Mh... the next bigger "problem" (i think issue is the better word ;-))
> >> is the dependencies of the modules... Can someone please find out all
> >> dependencies of all modules (and write a list which dependencies belong
> >> to which module)?
> >
> > Hi Patrick,
> >
> > What do you mean by dependencies exactly? Are you referring to the servers
> > that each Webmin modules configures (like Apache, Postfix, etc..) , or
> the
> > Perl modules that they depend upon? If it is the latter, these can be
> found
> > in the perldeps= lines in the */module.info files.
> I mean of course other packages which webmin needs to work (webmin-dhcpd
> needs an dhcpd-server etc. (which server works with this module, which
> does this not, etc.))

OK .. I think that most of the modules already have their dependencies
set in the current Debian packages for Webmin. Most of the new ones should
be pretty obvious though - usually the module name is the same as the
Debian package (ie. frox, sarg, dovecot, syslog-ng).

 - Jamie