[Yaird-devel] Status of svn repository ? :-)

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Thu Dec 1 10:43:27 UTC 2005

[posting to list only - I believe we are all subscribed...]

On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 00:43:53 +0100
Erik van Konijnenburg <ekonijn at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 07:05:51PM +0100, Marco Amadori wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > How far we are to be able to see latest yaird [1] code and try to
> > let us all work with the latest codebase ?
>
> svn.debian.org shows that the yaird repo now exists and is empty.

Oh - it is? I find those procedures at Alioth _very_ non-obvious. No
message to me that it was done :-(

I also applied for an Arch archive for your upstream work - possible
that's created now as well (given that I requested both together).

> Jonas, what is the procedure to get svn+ssh access to the repository?

Create an account for yourself at http://alioth.debian.org/ and tell me
your login, then I'll grant you access to the yaird project.

This goes for all interested in messing with the code ;-)

> Suggestions on how to fill the repo?

I suggest I fill the SVN repo with the /debian subdir - I have ideas on
an approach (the one Charles Fry found for co-maintainance of AWStats)
but would prefer doing it myself this time, as I have 44 more packages
I want ready for co-maintainance[1]...

> To aid migration, I put my latest stuff in a bazaar-ng repository and
> posted it. to get a copy:

Yeah, thanks. I noticed in another recent mail as well. Thanks for the
step-by-step manual - it is really helpful :-)

I suggest you setup your upstream stuff yourself as soon as the Arch
repository is properly[2] created.

> Note that due to firewall fun here I don't expect to get the svn
> account working immediately.

Can I help somehow? I have multiple machines accessible from the 'net -
and could perhaps setup one of them with SSH on an odd port or whatever
it takes to bypass the firewall. Provide me more info (off list if you
prefer) about the problem if you think I can help (and want me to).

 - Jonas

[1] http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=Smedegaard&comaint=no

[2]
https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=302600&group_id=1&atid=200001