[Yaird-devel] Status of svn repository ? :-)

Erik van Konijnenburg ekonijn at xs4all.nl
Sat Dec 3 01:02:01 UTC 2005

On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 11:43:27AM +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> Erik van Konijnenburg <ekonijn at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> > svn.debian.org shows that the yaird repo now exists and is empty.

> I also applied for an Arch archive for your upstream work - possible
> that's created now as well (given that I requested both together).

Not yet.

> > Jonas, what is the procedure to get svn+ssh access to the repository?
>
> Create an account for yourself at http://alioth.debian.org/ and tell me
> your login, then I'll grant you access to the yaird project.
I'm ekonijn-guest.

> > Suggestions on how to fill the repo?
> I suggest I fill the SVN repo with the /debian subdir - I have ideas on
> an approach (the one Charles Fry found for co-maintainance of AWStats)
> but would prefer doing it myself this time, as I have 44 more packages
> I want ready for co-maintainance[1]...

Good idea,

> > To aid migration, I put my latest stuff in a bazaar-ng repository and
> > posted it. to get a copy:
>
> Yeah, thanks. I noticed in another recent mail as well. Thanks for the
> step-by-step manual - it is really helpful :-)
>
> I suggest you setup your upstream stuff yourself as soon as the Arch
> repository is properly[2] created.

OK.

> > Note that due to firewall fun here I don't expect to get the svn
> > account working immediately.
>
> Can I help somehow? I have multiple machines accessible from the 'net -
> and could perhaps setup one of them with SSH on an odd port or whatever
> it takes to bypass the firewall. Provide me more info (off list if you
> prefer) about the problem if you think I can help (and want me to).

I don't think so, it's just a matter of testing what ports the applications
need, then adapting NAT and filtering accordingly; nothing spectacular,
just a minor time sink.  Arch is a bit friendlier than svn in this respect;
I'll start testing once the repo is alive.

Regards,
Erik