[Yaird-devel] Sven added as developer.

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Sat Dec 3 10:36:50 UTC 2005

On Sat, 3 Dec 2005 11:16:00 +0100
Sven Luther <sven.luther at wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 03, 2005 at 10:39:19AM +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

> > Please, Sven, be nice[1] and do not cc me personally except when
> > explicitly asked for.

did you not see this or do you have another opinion on it?

> > I have added noone before explicitly asking. Now I think about it I
> > believe you added me proactively to the kernel project, Sven, and I
>
> I think we talked about this on irc or on web, not sure, but i did
> indeed add you quite quickly.

That's right. So in fact you might have used same approach: Happily
grant developer's access, as soon as a request is made for it.

> > liked you for that. I am quite interested in thoughts on approaches
> > to this - also logics of granting supervisor access or not.
>
> i guess you and Erik would be the project manager, with right to
> add/remove other users. not sure if more are needed, it is a balance
> between thrust, and availability of admins for doing the admin task.

Ok. More thoughts on this are welcome :-)

My head is pretty empty on this, but I prefer filling it with sane
arguments. The above is a good start - thank you, Sven :-)

> The one thing i believe is important, is to setup a commit mailing
> list, and have the svn and arch repos post their commit logs there,
> and maybe you can setup CIA to post on #debian-kernel on
> irc.oftc.net, unless you have your own irc channel, which mat (or
> not) be overkill.

I haven't seen Erik on IRC and I use it only infrequently myself, so I
expect this project to use mail as primary communication.

for other projects, however, I am interested in pointers to setting up
such bots and CVS/SVN/TLA redirects. If none exist then maybe starting a
wiki page about it would be good.

Repeating my initial comment, in case you simply do not notice leading
comments when comments are otherwise below the quoted text:

Please, Sven, be nice[1] and do not cc me personally except when
explicitly asked for.

 - Jonas