[Yaird-devel] Re: initramfs generator selection

Frans Pop aragorn at tiscali.nl
Thu Dec 29 15:48:09 UTC 2005

(Please do not CC me; I'm subscribed to all lists relevant here)

On Thursday 29 December 2005 16:34, Sven Luther wrote:
> I would have thought it the other way around, there is no reason to use
> initramfs-tools for a new install, since we are then not upgrading from
> 2.4 kernels.

That is not a reason _not_ to use it.

> The other issues are just bugs which needs to be fixed.

While they are there, IMO they make yaird the less obvious choice for D-I.

> But really, my own feeling is that initramfs-tools is still in a less
> mature state than yaird accross al architectures, not sure if this
> really changed for 2.6.15 though.

Can you give real arguments for that please?

Also, note that yaird _has_ been made the default for all architectures
where initramfs-tools is not installable or unusable.