[Yaird-devel] unsupported device required: dm-11 (fatal)

Eli Criffield elicriffield at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 18:07:23 UTC 2006

When trying to run run yaird i get the error:
yaird error: unsupported device required: dm-11 (fatal)

adding -d -v to yaird the failure happens right after

yaird:D: runCmd - doing /sbin/lvdisplay -c
yaird:D: runCmd - result '1' for /sbin/lvdisplay -c
yaird:D: runCmd - doing /sbin/vgdisplay -c
yaird:D: runCmd - result '1' for /sbin/vgdisplay -c
yaird:D: runCmd - doing /sbin/pvdisplay -c
yaird:D: runCmd - result '1' for /sbin/pvdisplay -c

This is on ubuntu dapper using yaird: version 0.0.12.

I'm trying to chroot to an encrypted volumegroup that will have all of
the filesystems in it, run yaird to make the initrd and boot to it.
Similar to
whats done on this webpage.
http://www.sicherheitsschwankung.de/node/16

Why does it give me the unsupported device dm-11 failure?

Eli