[Alioth-staff-replacement] Mailman (lists.alioth) data migration from old infra

Dominic Hargreaves dom at earth.li
Wed Dec 27 14:29:32 UTC 2017

Hi Alex et al,

Sorry for the long hiatus between this and my previous messages. I had
some other things to take care of and to figure out how to proceed
without stepping on people's toes.

I had some feedback from DSA that the http redirect and MX record
changes for lists.alioth.debian.org were possible, and so I'd like to
try and actually get this done in the next couple of months. I've
also determined based on feedback that trying to import all alioth
lists is probably not sensible as many of them are defunct/full of spam
- instead going for an opt-in approach.

I summarised the current status at
<https://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/MailingListContinuation> and I'd be
grateful for your feedback on this. In particular whether you would
be able to help with the migration process by providing access to sync
data for the lists we decide to migrate. Also (as a first step) a complete
list of lists, so we can email -owner addresses (or suggestions for a
better way to contact list owners?)

I'm about sporadically for the next few days but feel free to catch me
on IRC if that's easiest to sort out any details.

Also - others who have expressed interest in helping with this, please drop
me a line if you're still interested and we can try and set a time for an
IRC meeting.

Best,
Dominic.