[Apt-cacher-ng-users] Which pages can acng display as an HTTP server?

Eduard Bloch edi at gmx.de
Mon Jun 24 08:26:28 UTC 2013

Hallo,
* Charles [Mon, Jun 24 2013, 09:01:50AM]:
> Which pages can acng display as an HTTP server?
>
> The apt-cacher-ng process listens on port 3142 and, when it receives an
> HTTP request for acng-report.html, it displays the "Apt-Cacher NG
> maintenance page" a.k.a the "Apt-Cacher NG Command and Control" page.
> Can it display any others?

Yes.

> For example the logs are written in HTML and can include checkboxes and
> buttons.  Here's from a recent log on one of our acng servers:

HTML tags in the log are actually the result of my laziness and
something I am going to fix RSN.

> It would also be nice to display the documentation which is in HTML.
> Here are the acng HTML files (and a directory) on a Debian 7 Wheezy system:
>
> # dpkg -L apt-cacher-ng | grep html
> /usr/lib/apt-cacher-ng/report.html

Add
LocalDirs: acng-doc /usr/share/doc/apt-cacher-ng/html
to acng.conf, restart and visit
http://localhost:3142/acng-doc/index.html (or whatever your host/port is).

I haven't considered this yet for default configuration but it sounds
like a good idea, thanks.

Regards,
Eduard.

--
Die Grenzen der Sprache sind die Grenzen der Welt.
		-- Ludwig Wittgenstein