[axel-devel] [axel-Bugs][310626] Axel does not respect proxy settings in /etc/make.conf

axel-bugs at alioth.debian.org axel-bugs at alioth.debian.org
Thu Feb 28 05:31:18 UTC 2008

Bugs item #310626, was opened at 2008-02-28 05:31

Initial Comment:
Im using axel on various gentoo system to download my distfiles. Some of them (eg. my notebook) have to use a http-proxy to get sth. from ftp/http. Setting http_proxy in /etc/make.conf works with wget but not with axel.
Also axel has no cmdline parameter to set the proxy (just --no-proxy to use no proxy).

Setting proxy settings everytime the location changes (and therefore the proxy settings), is very annoying..

The default FETCHCOMMAND suggested by the gentoo ebuild is:
 FETCHCOMMAND="/usr/bin/axel -a -o \${DISTDIR}/\${FILE} \${URI}"