[axel-devel] [axel-Bugs][313847] Segmentation fault (core dumped) in Axel 2.4

axel-bugs at alioth.debian.org axel-bugs at alioth.debian.org
Sun Sep 30 17:51:35 UTC 2012

axel-Bugs item #313847, was opened at 2012-09-30 17:51 by Ranveer Raghuwanshi
You can respond by visiting:
https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=413085&aid=313847&group_id=100070

Initial Comment:
For the past few days I am observing segfaults with axel. I normally use axel to download some stuff and it works fine if filesize is small but above issue arises when I try to download a filesize around 100MB which takes around 90 minutes on my slow internet connection.

During the duration of 90 minutes axel segfaults one's or twice which is very irritating because most of time I start my download and do some other stuff and when I come back to check my download status I get

[ 45%] [.........12    ......4    5    6    7    8    9   ] [  26.2KB/s] [40:28]Segmentation fault (core dumped).

Now, I don't know how to check axel logs or if even one exists or not. So, if someone can guide me on how to enable logging/debugging while running axel I can give some more information on this segfault.