[buildd-tools-devel] [GIT] sbuild branch master updated. release/sbuild-0.68.0-10-ge2d63eb

Johannes Schauer josch at debian.org
Thu Feb 18 20:36:53 UTC 2016

Hi,

Quoting Colin Watson (2016-02-18 21:17:43)
> Could you explain what my patch breaks?

it shouldn't break anything as the copy: URI is even available in apt in
old-old-stable.

> It seems quite harmless and so I'm somewhat surprised by the vehemence of
> your reaction to it.  If a small adjustment makes life a little easier
> nearby, why not?

Because applications shouldn't use /var/lib/apt/lists/. Your commit message
didn't contain the information that you cannot fix launchpad-buildd so I didn't
understand why sbuild should be changed to support a mechanism that does it
wrong.

I will add some of your explanation as code comments to the lines you changed.

Thanks!

cheers, josch