[cut-team] Where do we go from here?

Lucas Nussbaum lucas at lucas-nussbaum.net
Thu Sep 23 15:10:30 UTC 2010

On 23/09/10 at 15:04 +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Are you ready to work on rolling? If yes, do you have conditions?

Yes

> I am. I can help writing the code to pick updates from testing
> into rolling and feed the result to dak. I can help managing
> the direct flow of packages that would not go through testing (e.g.
> chromium and other packages that we want in rolling that are not
> in testing).
>
> I would prefer if rolling's rules were relatively close to testing so that
> it can supersede it one day, at which point testing would become a branch
> of rolling that starts at freeze time.

Agreed. I'd like to start with the current testing transition rules, but
I also would like us to keep an open mind about opportunities for
diverging from the current testing rules.

Anyway, I think that what we really need to do is to get familiar about
about stuff like running britney, writing hints, etc.

- Lucas