[cut-team] CUT codename

Adnan Hodzic adnan at foolcontrol.org
Thu Mar 17 15:44:18 UTC 2011

Hey,

Was anyone thinking of having a certain codename for CUT? It's a well
known fact that people are "chased" away by naming, (ie: unstable,
testing) and we could probably get much more people to use it this
way. Even if they are not chased away, whole project is followed with
negative notion.

Has anyone thought of marking Debian CUT ( or Unofficial Debian
Monthly Testing Snapshot Release (version 2011.03 final)for that
matter) under a single codename. I know it's too early for any kind of
talk on this topic, especially giving it codename but I think these
things should be handled at very start. As this is the name by which
whole project could be recognized tomorrow.

If we were about to give out codename suggestions, mine would be:
"Rocky Gibraltar" or just "Rocky"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Toy_Story_characters

Anyone with any similar ideas or thoughts?

Adnan