[Debburn-devel] Re: DONE: r599 Is cleartext planned with wodim -atip fields "Current:", "Profile:" ?

scdbackup at gmx.net scdbackup at gmx.net
Fri Dec 8 18:27:09 CET 2006

Hi,

> Pretty reusable stuff, thank you.

It should be compatible with cdrecord texts for the types
which i could test with both programs:
CD-ROM,CD-R,CD-RW,DVD-ROM,DVD-R,DVD-RW,DVD+R,DVD+RW,DVD+RAM

With other types i had to guess the exact lettering.
Corrections are appreciated (e.g. for 0042h BD-R RRM).

> I don't think that TAO is possible with DVDs. The best you could get is
> passing the stream size implicitely through the isofs header (the
> -isosize option) but AFAICS it does not work yet.

Most probably it isn't called TAO, but growisofs does streams
of unkown length (non-ISO, ISO+trailing stuff). I use it regularly
with DVD-RW and DVD+RW. A few times i tested with DVD-R and DVD+R.

One of us should sit down and read how Andy does that trick. :))

Have a nice day :)

Thomas