[Debburn-devel] cmake trouble when building on FreeBSD

Peter Samuelson peter at p12n.org
Sun Sep 24 05:27:39 UTC 2006

[Albert Cahalan]
> You don't. You fix the include path.
>
> gcc -I/usr/local/include

There's still a cmake bug here.  It is very bad for a configure tool to
detect something and then not arrange for the compiler to find the same
thing.  It should pass -I/usr/local/include to CPPFLAGS or equivalent.

(One might say I'm not really sold on cmake.  It seems really simple
compared to autoconf ...  until you run into bugs like this one, which
show that nobody has tested cmake at all in heterogeneous environments.
It's easy to build an autoconf replacement that supports "any platform
you like so long as it's Linux / glibc".)