[Debburn-devel] patch: port to Mac OS X

Adrian Glaubitz glaubitz at physik.fu-berlin.de
Fri Apr 30 08:26:02 UTC 2010

Hi Ray,

I recently applied your patch to cdrkit 1.1.10 and tried to compile it
on Mac OS X since I received linker errors when trying to compile the
upstream version of cdrkit. Unfortunately, I still have some problems:

Linking C static library librols.a
/usr/bin/ranlib: file: librols.a(getdomainname.o) has no symbols
/usr/bin/ranlib: file: librols.a(gethostid.o) has no symbols
/usr/bin/ranlib: file: librols.a(gethostname.o) has no symbols
/usr/bin/ranlib: file: librols.a(getpagesize.o) has no symbols
/usr/bin/ranlib: file: librols.a(rename.o) has no symbols
/usr/bin/ranlib: file: librols.a(strdup.o) has no symbols
/usr/bin/ranlib: file: librols.a(usleep.o) has no symbols
/usr/bin/ranlib: file: librols.a(getdomainname.o) has no symbols
/usr/bin/ranlib: file: librols.a(gethostid.o) has no symbols
/usr/bin/ranlib: file: librols.a(gethostname.o) has no symbols
/usr/bin/ranlib: file: librols.a(getpagesize.o) has no symbols
/usr/bin/ranlib: file: librols.a(rename.o) has no symbols
/usr/bin/ranlib: file: librols.a(strdup.o) has no symbols
/usr/bin/ranlib: file: librols.a(usleep.o) has no symbols
[ 47%] Built target rols

Do you have an advise? It would be nice to get cdrkit working on MacOS
X since we (the project linux-minidisc [1]) are working on a free and
platform-independent MiniDisc software for NetMD and HiMD devices and
we need libusal to send SCSI commands to the MD devices. Your help
would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Adrian

[1] https://wiki.physik.fu-berlin.de/linux-minidisc